Our Vision for Calvary Kids
Our desire here at Calvary Chapel is to introduce kids to the reality of Christ, and to disciple them, showing them what it looks like to be a disciple. Just as Christ came to meet us where we are, we reach kids where they are. We teach them the word of God in a way they can understand, showing them that Christ is real, and that God is not a boring, distant, impersonal God, but rather a God who walks with us, and loves us dearly.
What to expect
A VBS-style approach is used during Calvary Kids. Your child will learn about Jesus through a number of different activities including Bible lessons, memory verses, interactive worship and crafts that reinforce the lesson. We are always working to improve and to be led by the Holy Spirit in this great privilege to disciple God's children.
Children's Safety Comes First
We take seriously the responsibility of ministering to your kids. Before anyone can serve at Calvary they must go through the following screening process.
- Fill out a written volunteer form requiring testimony, beliefs and background.
- On the volunteer form we require two personal references. We call every reference and ask about their character, and their feelings about the volunteer working with kids.
- We use Protect My Ministry (protectmyministry.com) for the following background checks
- National Criminal Database
- SSN Verification and Address History
- National Sex Offender Registry.
- No volunteer is allowed to serve in Calvary Kids if they have been arrested or convicted for child abuse.
- They are trained the recognition and prevention of child abuse as well as in our specific policies and procedures designed to keep your kids safe.